Our First Communion Retreat was a success! Thank you to all the parents and other family members that took the time to volunteer for the First Communion Retreat. Thank you to Fr. Eugene for coming and speaking with the children about their First Holy Communion. I truly appreciate all of the help. The children’s First Holy Communion is approaching quickly, and it is an exciting time for the children. It is encouraged that they attend weekly Sunday mass as always, but especially as they are preparing for this important sacrament.
All the students were assigned their dinosaur on Tuesday. They started their research in the library here at school that day as well. They were also given a fact sheet that they may record their research on. The Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet will be due on Monday, 3/27.
Our class in leading the school led mass on Sunday, March 26th at 5:30 PM. Some of the students will be participating in the mass readings and bringing up the gifts. We hope to see all of our second grade families there.
We continue taking the 1-minute timed math fact tests daily, please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 6-Geometry: Plane Figures, Sorting Figures and Congruent Figures
- Reading: Dex: The Heart of a Hero and Heroes Then and Now
- Language Arts: Prefix -over, Commas in a Series (Nouns and Verbs), Compare, Contrast and Simile
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with -or and -ore
- Social Studies: America’s Symbols and National Holidays
- Science: Fossils and Dinosaurs, Dinosaur Project
- Math: Check Your Progress Ch. 6 Lessons 1-5, Wednesday 3/22
- Language Arts Test, Friday 3/24
- Spelling Test, Friday 3/24
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 3/27: Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet Due
- Friday 4/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School
- Monday 4/24: Resume School after Easter Break