Announcements: Tuesday, March 21st, is our Riley’s Farm Field Trip. Please be in Room 7 by 8:20am. We will be leaving promptly at 8:30am. Students may wear a St. Mary shirt with jeans and P.E. shoes. Students need to bring a sack lunch (disposable items only) and water bottle. We will return to campus around 3:30pm.
Religion: Unit 3 Review
Don’t forget to login to Think Central for access to the Journey’s textbook, Reader’s Notebook, and many more resources!
Quizlet Account: Please click here to access both 4th and 5th grade material.
4th Grade: Unit 4 Review and March Madness
5th Grade: Unit 4 Review and March Madness
4th Grade Math: Chapter 5 Division
4th Grade is making great progress with their multiplication facts! I am so proud of them!
5th Grade Math
Please remember Khan is assigned on Wednesdays and due the following Wednesday.
Social Studies: Chapter 6 California Becomes a State
- Explain why food and supplies were expensive during the Gold Rush.
- Define business and entrepreneur and identify a Gold Rush entrepreneur.
- Explain California’s rise to statehood and the role of slavery.
- Explain the purpose of a constitution.
- Explain how San Francisco changed during the Gold Rush.
- Explain conflicts between different groups and identify the vigilantes.
- Describe how people lost their lands to U.S. settlers.
- Explain causes of the Modoc War.
California Mission reports have been submitted. The project portion of the mission report is to be completed at home. Projects are due on 5/2. Presentations will be 5/2-5/5.
Please refer to the packet for more details and instructions.
Science: Congratulations to Elissandra and Ashlyn for being chosen as finalists in the 2017 Earth Day Poster Contest sponsored by the City of Escondido Recycling Department!
Monday 3/20: P.E.
Tuesday 3/21: Riley’s Farm Field Trip, Please be at school by 8:20am.
Wednesday 3/22: 8am Mass, 2:30pm Dismiss
Thursday 3/23: P.E.
Friday 3/24: Religion Unit 3 Test, 2:15pm 5th Grade Stations of the Cross, 5-7:30pm Lenten Fish Fry
Upcoming Important Dates:
Sunday 3/26: School Mass 5:30pm
Friday 3/31: Mission San Juan Capistrano Field Trip permission slips due