Our First Communion Retreat is this Wednesday! Please let me know if you are able to volunteer for the First Communion Retreat. I only have 2 volunteers thus far. It will be this Wednesday, March 15th, from 9AM-12PM. I would like to have a few parents help setup at 8:30 while we are in mass. I need parents to help with crafts and other activities the students will be doing. If you are only able to help a portion of the time, that will be helpful as well. Their First Holy Communion is approaching quickly, and it is an exciting time for the children. It is encouraged that they attend weekly Sunday mass as always, but especially as they are preparing for this important sacrament.
The students will be given their chosen dinosaur on Monday. They will be given a fact sheet that they may record their research on. They will have 2 weeks to complete these reports. The Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet will be due on Monday, 3/27.
The students have been taking the math 1-minute timed test for a couple of months. Please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 6-Geometry: Solid Figures,Faces, Edges and Vertices, and Plane Figures
- Reading: The Signmaker’s Assistant
- Language Arts: Commas in Dates, Places and Parts of a Letter, Punctuation and Synonyms
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with -ar
- Social Studies: America’s Symbols
- Science: Fossils and Dinosaurs, Dinosaur Project
- Religion Test, Thursday 3/16
- Language Arts Test, Friday 3/17
- Spelling Test, Friday 3/17
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday 3/15: First Communion Retreat 9AM-12PM-Need Volunteers
- Thursday 3/16: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and team shirt
- Monday 3/27: Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet Due
- Friday 4/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School