We had a great field trip to the Dinosaur Museum! Thank you to all the parents who were able to join us. It is a great museum and many exciting things to learn.
Our First Communion Retreat is coming up in a few weeks. Please let me know if you are able to volunteer for the First Communion Retreat. It will be Wednesday, March 15th from 9AM-12PM. I will need parents to help with crafts and other activities the students will be doing. If you are only able to help a portion of the time, that will be helpful as well. Their First Holy Communion is approaching quickly and it is an exciting time for the children. It is encouraged that they attend weekly Sunday mass as always, but especially as they are preparing for this important sacrament.
The students have been taking the math 1-minute timed test for a couple of months. Please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 5-Subtraction: Adding and Subtracting with Regrouping, Estimation vs. Exact Answers
- Reading: Gabriela
- Language Arts: Suffixes -y and -ful, the Verb be, Changing y to i
- Spelling/Phonics: Long e Sound for the y
- Social Studies: America’s Symbols
- Science: Fossils and Dinosaurs
- Math Check Your Progress Ch. 5 Lessons 12-17, Wednesday 3/8
- Language Arts Test, Friday 3/10
- Spelling Test, Friday 3/10
- Math Ch. 5 Test Lessons 1-17, Friday, 3/10
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday 3/15: First Communion Retreat 9AM-12PM
- Thursday 3/16: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and team shirt
- Friday 4/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School