Thank you to all the families that attended to the Gala last weekend. Thank you to all those that donated to our class tablescape, it turned out great! It is great to see all the support for our school.
Thank you for all my wonderful and thoughtful Valentine’s! I am so thankful and beyond blessed by all of your families!
Our first field trip will be Tuesday, February 28th. We will visit the Roynon Museum of Earth Science and Paleontology. Field trip permission slips were due today, 2/17.
Please let me know if you are able to volunteer for the First Communion Retreat, Wednesday, March 15th. The original letter I sent home said the start time would be 10:45AM, I had to change the time due to scheduling conflicts. It will be held from 9AM-12PM. I apologize for the confusion.
Reminder of a few of the changes we have made:
- The students have been asked to write their first and last name, as well as their number on all assignments.
- We started practicing their names in cursive.
- Please initial the student planners every night. This ensures you have seen what is assigned and/or completed for homework each night.
- The reading log looks a little different and I am asking the students to read 20 minutes each night (instead of 15). The log should be filled out daily. The log asks for a short summary about what they read that night, as well as the date, title and minutes read. Reminder: Parent Signature is needed on Thursday night.
- The spelling homework for the week is Spelling choice tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row. (horizontal, diagonal or vertical) Choose one activity per night for spelling homework. These assignments will be completed in their spelling spiral bound notebook. Each page of spelling homework should include first and last name, their number and the date. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. Reminder: Must do 3 activities in a row and they need to cross out the activities completed. This should make Tic-Tac-Toe. Please check which activity they have completed for the night, and that it is done correctly.
- Each day the students are taking a one minute timed math fact test. This is not going to be added as a grade; it is practice to help memorize their facts. We started with zero and will go up to ten, and then will move onto subtraction. They will be given the same level until they have passed all 20 problems within the 1 minute time. Please practice math facts with flash cards every night with your child.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 5-Subtraction: Two-Digit Numbers with Regrouping/Add to Check
- Reading: Mr. Tanen’s Tie Trouble
- Language Arts: Homographs and Pronouns
- Spelling/Phonics: Base Words with Endings -ed and -ing
- Social Studies: Families and Cultures
- Science: Earth’s Resources and Fossils
- Science Test-Earth’s Resources, Tuesday 2/21
- Language Arts Test, Friday 2/24
- Spelling Test, Friday 2/24
- Math Check Your Progress Ch. 5 Lessons 7-11, Monday 2/27
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday 2/17: Father/Daughter Dance
- Monday 2/20: No School- Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday 2/22: Bake Sale
- Thursday 2/23: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt.
- Tuesday 2/28: Field Trip-Roynon Museum 9AM-2PM
- Wednesday 3/1: Ash Wednesday
- Friday 3/3: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Wednesday 3/15: First Communion Retreat 9AM-12PM