Our Third Grade Mass is this Sunday, February 19th, at 10:30am. Students should wear their Mass uniforms. Students who attend will receive extra credit in Religion for their participation. If your child is sent home with a reading or petition, please help them practice so that they will be prepared to read fluently and clearly.
Final drafts of the Native American Report are due on Tuesday, February 21st. You can find a copy of the directions here: Native American Report Directions 2017
A letter was sent home last week about Khan Academy. Students can log in at home to practice their math skills or challenge themselves with more rigorous concepts. Since we are approaching our Chapter 4 Math Test, I recommend spending some extra practice on Multiplication this week. Students can log in here: Khan Academy Login
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 17; Mass preparation
- Math: Wrapping up Multiplication
- Reading: Story structure and theme
- Language Arts: Adjectives and articles
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel +r
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: Ecosystems
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Thursday, 2/16: Chapter 4 Math Test
- Friday, 2/17: Spelling Test 3.16; Reading Test 3.16; (No Religion test this week)
- Tuesday, 2/21: Native American Reports Due
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 2/14: Valentine’s Day; P.E.
- Wednesday, 2/15: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Friday, 2/17: P.E.; Daddy-Daughter Dance at 6pm
- Sunday, 2/19: Mass at 10:30am
- Monday, 2/20: No School (Presidents’ Day)
“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.”