Our Annual Gala is coming up on, Saturday February 11th. Please join us in this fun event. If you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, be sure to get it soon!
Our class tablescape theme is Gift Cards! Please donate a gift card for our class tablescape that will be auctioned off at the Gala. We have only received two gift card donations thus far. This can be any type of gift card, including but not limited to; grocery stores, movie tickets, event tickets or amusement parks! Please send in any gift cards to Mrs. Goodwin’s attention.
This event is our biggest fundraiser and a lot of fun! Please help make this event a great success.
Thank you for visiting our classroom at open house last weekend. We have had a great Catholic Schools Week and we appreciate each family.
This week will be Spirit Week! 2/6/17-2/10/17
Monday: Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday: Super Hero Day
Wednesday: Jersey Day (Students must come to school in mass uniform and then can put the jersey on after mass)
Thursday: Free Dress
Friday: Pajama Day
Reminder of a few of the changes we have made:
- The students have been asked to write their first and last name, as well as their number on all assignments.
- We started practicing cursive. We began with the letters a, e, i and o. We will continue with the vowels.
- The reading log looks a little different and I am asking the students to read 20 minutes each night (instead of 15). The log should be filled out daily. The log asks for a short summary about what they read that night, as well as the date, title and minutes read. Reminder: Parent Signature is needed on Thursday night.
- The spelling homework for the week is Spelling choice tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row. (horizontal, diagonal or vertical) Choose one activity per night for spelling homework. These assignments will be completed in their spelling spiral bound notebook. Each page of spelling homework should include first and last name, their number and the date. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. Reminder: Must do 3 activities in a row and they need to cross out the activities completed. This should make Tic-Tac-Toe. Please check which activity they have completed for the night, and that it is done correctly.
- Each day the students are taking a one minute timed math fact test. This is not going to be added as a grade; it is practice to help memorize their facts. We started with zero and will go up to ten, and then will move onto subtraction. They will be given the same level until they have passed all 20 problems within the 1 minute time. Please practice math facts with flash cards every night with your child.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Jesus Gives Us The Eucharist
- Math: Ch. 5-Subtraction: Two-Digit Numbers
- Reading: Hellen Keller and Dinosaurs Before Dark
- Language Arts: Proper Nouns and Suffix -ly
- Spelling/Phonics: Long o (o, oa and ow)
- Social Studies: Resources and The Environment
- Science: Earth’s Resources: Other Natural Resources People Use
- Religion Test, Monday 2/6
- Social Studies Unit 2 Test, Wednesday 2/8
- Language Arts Test, Friday 2/10
- Spelling Test, Friday 2/10
Dates and Reminders:
- Saturday 2/11: Annual Fundraising Gala-California Center for the Arts
- Friday 2/17: Father/Daughter Dance
- Monday 2/20: No School- Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday 2/22: Bake Sale
- Thursday 2/23: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt.
- Wednesday 3/1: Ash Wednesday