On Tuesday students should be turning in their second set of notes for the Native American project (not the final copy) on their tribe’s home and daily life:
- Explain what kind of homes they built, the materials used, what they looked like, and any special features.
- Explain what they wore, what they ate, and the roles of men and women in the tribe.
- You can find a copy of the directions here: Native American Report Directions 2017
An information letter and pages for the final report went home last week in each child’s folder.
The Gala is approaching quickly! Make sure to take a look at the Sign Up in order to support Third Grade’s auction item: Bar in a Barrel Sign Up
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 15
- Math: Multiplication
- Reading: Author’s Purpose and Summarizing
- Language Arts: Verbs
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel +r
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: Ecosystems
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Tuesday, 1/31: Native American Report Notes Due
- Friday, 2/3: Spelling Test; Reading Test; Religion Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 1/31- Friday, 2/3: Catholic Schools Week
- Tuesday, 1/31: P.E.
- Wednesday, 2/1: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Friday, 2/3: P.E.; 12pm Dismissal; Report Cards
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”