Last week we started our Multiplication Unit in Math. Students will be responsible for learning their times tables. I recommend practicing these math facts at home to build speed and accuracy. Flashcards are an easy way to practice, but there are also some great apps and websites out there. Click here for some app suggestions!
On Tuesday students should be turning in their first page of notes for the Native American project (not the final copy) on geography, climate, and natural resources. Explain what the land looked like, what the weather was like there during the year, and what natural resources were available to them. You can find a copy of the directions here: Native American Report Directions 2017
The Gala is approaching quickly! Make sure to take a look at the Sign Up in order to support Third Grade’s auction item. Click here: Bar in a Barrel Sign Up
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Review of Unit 2
- Math: Multiplication
- Reading: Characters, comparing and contrasting
- Language Arts: Verbs
- Spelling/Phonics: Contractions
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: Ecosystems
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Tuesday, 1/24: Native American Report Page 1 Notes Due
- Friday, 1/27: Spelling Test; Reading Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 1/24: P.E.
- Wednesday, 1/25: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Friday, 1/27: P.E.
- Sunday, 1/29: Open House from 10am-12pm
“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”