This week we will wrap up our subtraction unit, in preparation for beginning multiplication. Study guides went home on Friday to help your child practice for the test. They can also use their Interactive Math Notebooks to study.
Instructions for the Native American Research Project went home on Friday. Please be sure to look over the directions and due dates. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. You can find a copy of the directions here: Native American Report Directions 2017
The Gala is approaching quickly! Make sure to take a look at the Sign Up in order to support Third Grade’s auction item. Click here: Bar in a Barrel Sign Up
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 12, God Calls Us to Holiness
- Math: Ending Subtraction; Beginning Multiplication
- Reading: Theme
- Language Arts: Shades of meaning; quotation marks
- Spelling/Phonics: Homophones
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: Ecosystems
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Wednesday, 1/18: Chapter 3 Test
- Friday, 1/20: Spelling Test; Reading Test; Native American Project Resources due
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 1/16: Martin Luther King Day– No School
- Tuesday, 1/17: P.E.
- Wednesday, 1/18: Bake Sale; 2:30pm Dismissal
- Thursday, 1/19: Team Day and School Families
- Friday, 1/20: 12pm Dismissal
- Tuesday, 1/24: First rough draft page due for Native American project
“For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”