This week we will be wrapping up our Math Unit on Subtraction. We will review and complete our study guide, which will be sent home and posted online. Please be sure to look over any work that comes home in order to help your child practice their skills as needed. Practicing basic addition and subtraction facts for speed and accuracy is another great way to review!
We will also be diving into our Native American Unit this week. This is a very important unit in third grade, and I will be having them complete a research project on Native Americans to deepen their understanding. I will be sending home detailed instructions and dates for the project this week.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 11, The Parish is Our Home
- Math: Review Subtraction Unit and Prepare for Test
- Reading: Sequence of Events
- Language Arts: Plural Nouns
- Spelling/Phonics: Dipthongs, oi and oy
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: Ecosystems
- Friday, 1/13: Spelling Test; Reading Test; Religion Chapter 11 Test
- Next Week (Date To Be Determined): Math Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 1/10: P.E.
- Wednesday, 1/11: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Friday, 1/13: P.E.
- Monday, 1/16: Martin Luther King Day– No School
- Wednesday, 1/18: Bake Sale
- Thursday, 1/19: Team Day and School Families
- Friday, 1/20: 12pm Dismissal
“Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.”
1 Peter 5:7