Here are a few of the changes we made this week:
- We started practicing cursive. We began with the letters a and e. We will continue with the vowels.
- The reading log looks a little different and I am asking the students to read 20 minutes each night (instead of 15). The log should be filled out daily but only needs a signature at the end of the week (Thursday night). The log asks for a short summary about what they read that night, as well as the date, title and minutes read.
- The spelling homework for the week is now going to be Spelling choice tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row. (horizontal, diagonal or vertical) Choose one activity per night for spelling homework. These assignments will be completed in their spelling spiral bound notebook. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials.
Our class bake sale is coming up this month, January 18th. Please look out for the sign up to help work the day of the bake sale as well as donations of baked goods and raffle items.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Finish Ch. 9- God Gives Us Laws and Start Ch. 10-We Follow God’s Laws
- Math: Ch. 4-Addition: Two-Digit Numbers and Re-grouping
- Reading: Why Rabbits Have Short Tails and Jellies: The Life of a Jellyfish
- Language Arts: Continue Verbs, Synonyms, Syllable Pattern and Contractions
- Spelling/Phonics: Contractions
- Social Studies: Weather and Climate
- Science: People Grow and Change-How Your Body Digests Food
- Religion Test (God Gives Us Laws), Tuesday 1/10
- Language Arts Test, Grammar and Vocab (How Chipmunk Got His Stripes) Tuesday 1/10
- Social Studies Unit 2 Lesson 3 Test, Wednesday 1/11
- Spelling Test, Friday 1/13
- Language Arts Test, Friday 1/13
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 1/16: No School-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Wednesday 1/18: Bake Sale
- Thursday 1/19: Team Day-Student may wear blue jeans and team shirt
- Friday 1/20: Half Day, Dismissal at 12PM
- Week of 1/29: Catholic Schools Week starts with Open House on Sunday 1/29