I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year. I am so thankful for all the kind gifts from all of you. My heart is so full and I appreciate all of your children and families.
All the students did so well in the Christmas pageant. Thank you to all the parents that came and watched them sing their hearts out! Thank you to Ms. Latham for working with them over the past few months to prepare them.
Now that we are back from Christmas break refocused, re-energized and rested we are going to make a few changes.
- We are going to start practicing cursive. We will begin with the vowels.
- The reading log looks a little different and I am asking the students to read 20 minutes each night (instead of 15). The log should be filled out daily but only needs a signature at the end of the week (Thursday night). The log asks for a short summary about what they read that night, as well as the date, title and minutes read.
- The spelling homework for the week is now going to be Spelling choice tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row. (horizontal, diagonal or vertical) Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials.
Our class bake sale is coming up this month, January 18th. Please look out for the sign up to help work the day of the bake sale as well as donations of baked goods and raffle items.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God Gives Us Laws
- Math: Ch. 3-Data and Graphs: Venn Diagrams and Word Problems Using Tables and Graphs
- Reading: How Chipmunk Got His Stripes
- Language Arts: Verbs in the Present and Synonyms
- Spelling/Phonics: Base Words and Endings -ed and -ing
- Social Studies: Weather and Climate
- Science: People Grow and Change-How Do My Heart and Lungs Work?
- Spelling Test, Friday 1/6
- Language Arts Test, Friday 1/6
- Math Test (Ch. 3-Data and Graphs), Friday 1/6
- Religion Test (God Gives Us Laws), Tuesday 1/10
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday 1/3: School Resumes
- Friday 1/6: Half Day, Dismissal at 12PM
- Monday 1/16: No School-Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Wednesday 1/18: Bake Sale
- Thursday 1/19: Team Day-May wear jeans and team shirt
- Friday 1/20: Half Day, Dismissal at 12PM
- Week of 1/29: Catholic Schools Week starts with Open House on Sunday 1/29