This week students will be attending Reconciliation. They should be practicing their Act of Contrition and reviewing the steps for the Sacrament each night. You can find copies here: Act of Contrition and Steps for Reconciliation.
On Friday we will be taking a field trip with 4th and 5th grade to sing Christmas Carols at Vista del Lago Memory Care. Permission Slips went home on Friday with your child. Please fill out and return them by Tuesday, 12/6.
Volunteer slots for monthly door decorating are still available: Click here!
As always, please reach out if you have any questions. Thank you!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 14 and “Christmas Around The World”
- Math: Subtraction with Regrouping
- Reading: Unit 2.10 “Young Thomas Edison”; Main Idea and Details; Sequence of Events
- Language Arts: Pronouns
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel Sound “aw”
- Social Studies: “Christmas Around The World”
- Science: Ecosystems
- Wednesday, 12/7: Act of Contrition should be memorized for Reconciliation
- Friday, 12/9: Spelling Test, Reading Test, No Religion Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 12/6: Permission Slips Due; P.E.
- Wednesday, 12/7: Mass at 8am; All School Reconciliation (grades 2-8); Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Thursday, 12/8: Immaculate Conception Mass at 8am (wear Mass Attire); Progress Reports go home
- Friday, 12/9: Field Trip from 12:50-3:15pm (wear Mass Attire)
- Wednesday, 12/14: Third Grade Bake Sale
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.