This week we are celebrating healthy lifestyles with Red Ribbon Week! Students can participate in the following themes each day:
- Monday: “Hats Off to a Healthy Lifestyle.” Students may wear any school appropriate hat of their choice
- Tuesday: “Shade Out Drugs.” Students may wear sunglasses.
- Wednesday: “Tie Down Drugs.” Students may wear ties to Mass as long as they are appropriate. If tie is flashy or showy, students can put it on AFTER Mass.
- Thursday: “Be on a Drug Free Team.” Students can wear jerseys with any school bottoms.
- Friday: “Red Shirts with Jeans.” Students may wear any red shirt with school appropriate jeans.
Next Monday, third grade will be participating in a creepy science experiment with Mrs. Martinez’s class! We will need boxes of Borax and white Elmer’s liquid glue to do the activity. If you are able to donate either of these items, please feel free to send them in by this Friday, October 28th.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 7, review of the beginning of the Church
- Math: Addition with and without regrouping
- Reading: Sequence of Events
- Language Arts: Verbs
- Spelling/Phonics: long and short vowels
- Social Studies: Our Land, Our Resources
- Science: Animal Characteristics
- Friday, 10/28: Spelling Test, Reading Test, Religion Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 10/24: “Hats Off to a Healthy Lifestyle;” Jamba Juice order forms due
- Tuesday 10/25: “Shade Out Drugs”; P.E.
- Wednesday 10/26: “Tie Down Drugs;” Mass at 8am; 2:30pm Dismissal
- Thursday 10/27: “Be On a Drug Free Team”
- Friday 10/28: “Red Shirts with Jeans;” P.E.; Rosary at 2:15pm
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I will praise Him.