Thank you to all the families that came on Grandparents’ Day! It was fun to have them visit our classroom.
This week we continued practicing the saint reports. I sent home a copy of the edited version of their report that they should continue practicing and memorizing if possible. This copy should stay in their homework folder to practice every night. I would like them to feel comfortable with the oral report. This week we will begin practicing in the church.
On Tuesday, 11/1, our class will attend the all school mass at 8AM in their saint costume. The students will sit in the front pews on both sides. After mass they will perform their saint report in front of the altar. The students will need to be checked in with me in the classroom by 7:30AM that morning. Please have student ready in their saint costume, with the exception of quick add on accessories.
This week is Red Ribbon Week (10/24-10/28).
Monday: “Hats off to a Healthy Lifestyle”-Students may wear an appropriate hat to school.
Tuesday: “Shade Out Drugs”-Students may wear sunglasses to school.
Wednesday: “Tie Down Drugs”-Students may wear a neck tie to school. They may put it on after Mass.
Thursday: “Team Day”-Students may wear their favorite team shirt or jersey to school (uniform bottoms)
Friday: “Red for Red Ribbon Week”-Students may wear red shirt and jeans to school.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saint’s Day Reports
- Math: Ch. 2-Number Words, Place Value of 2 Digit Numbers and Expanded Form
- Reading: Teacher’s Pets
- Language Arts: Singular and Plural Nouns and Word Endings -ed and -ing
- Spelling/Phonics: Consonant Blends r, l and s
- Social Studies: Places Near and Far- “Me on the Map”
- Science: Animal Life Cycle
- Spelling Test, Friday 10/28
- Language Arts Test Unit 1.5, Friday 10/28
- Math Check Your Progress Ch. 2 Lesson 1-7, Monday 10/31
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 10/24: Red Ribbon Week Begins
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saints’ Day Mass 8AM
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saints’ Day Pageant 9AM
- Friday 11/4: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Tuesday 11/8-11/11: Scholastic Book Fair
- Wednesday 11/9-11/11: Parent Teacher Conferences
- Tuesday 11/15: First Reconciliation Retreat
- Monday 11/21-11/25: Thanksgiving Break-No School