This week we started practicing the saint reports individually. I have not met with all the students but will get through the remaining students next week. We will then start practicing as a whole group. They will have plenty of practice here at school, both in the classroom and church. I would like you to practice every night for homework so that they are comfortable with the oral report.
Monday (10/17) is Grandparent’s Day! We are excited to have all the students’ families visit our classroom. We will also have a Kona Ice Fundraiser the same day. This will be a great start to our week.
Due to the two half days this week, we will not be having a spelling test this week. The homework will be grammar practice instead of spelling.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saint’s Day Reports and We Celebrate Baptism
- Math: Ch. 2-Place Value (Tens & Ones) and Number Words
- Reading: Teacher’s Pets
- Language Arts: Singular and Plural Nouns and Word Endings -ed and -ing
- Spelling/Phonics: Consonant Blends r, l and s
- Social Studies: Places Near and Far-Your Address, Country, Continent and Map Skills
- Science: Animal Life Cycle
- No Spelling Test
- Language Arts Test Unit 1.5, Friday 10/28
- Religion Test, Thursday 10/20
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 10/17: Grandparents’ Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Friday 10/21: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Monday 10/24: Red Ribbon Week Begins
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saint’s Day Mass 8AM
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saint’s Day Pageant 9AM
- Friday 11/4: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM