This week we started practicing the saint reports individually. I have not met with all the students but will get through the remaining students next week. We will then start practicing as a whole group. They will have plenty of practice here at school, both in the classroom and church. I would like you to practice every night for homework so that they are comfortable with the oral report.
Monday (10/17) is Grandparent’s Day! We are excited to have all the students’ families visit our classroom. We will also have a Kona Ice Fundraiser the same day. This will be a great start to our week.
Due to the two half days this week, we will not be having a spelling test this week. The homework will be grammar practice instead of spelling.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saint’s Day Reports and We Celebrate Baptism
- Math: Ch. 2-Place Value (Tens & Ones) and Number Words
- Reading: Teacher’s Pets
- Language Arts: Singular and Plural Nouns and Word Endings -ed and -ing
- Spelling/Phonics: Consonant Blends r, l and s
- Social Studies: Places Near and Far-Your Address, Country, Continent and Map Skills
- Science: Animal Life Cycle
- No Spelling Test
- Language Arts Test Unit 1.5, Friday 10/28
- Religion Test, Thursday 10/20
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday 10/17: Grandparents’ Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Friday 10/21: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Monday 10/24: Red Ribbon Week Begins
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saint’s Day Mass 8AM
- Tuesday 11/1: All Saint’s Day Pageant 9AM
- Friday 11/4: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM