Today I sent home the STAR test parent reports. There are two papers, one is for reading and the other for math. Please be aware there are many test variables and we are looking for growth over the school year. We will be testing more often this year. These are for your information and for instructional use. The reports do not need to be signed and returned.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the performance at Oktoberfest! I know the students have been practicing their song with Ms. Latham and will do great! This is a school wide performance and all students are expected to attend. Please check in room 10 (Middle School Class) by 3:30pm. Our class is wearing regular blue jeans with a blue or green shirt. This can be the blue or green polo uniform shirt. Their shoes should be tennis shoes. No open toe shoes.
Now that we have finished the saint reports, we will begin practicing. They will have plenty of practice here at school, both in the classroom and church. I would like you to practice every night for homework so that they are very comfortable with the oral report.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saint’s Day Reports and We Celebrate Baptism
- Math: Cumulative Review and Chapter 1 Test
- Reading: Diary of a Spider and A Swallow and a Spider
- Language Arts: Nouns, Using Context Clues and Cause and Effect
- Spelling/Phonics: Review: Long Vowels o, u and e and Sounds for g
- Social Studies: Places Near and Far-Your Address
- Science: Animals Grow and Change-Life Cycle
- Spelling Test, Friday 10/14
- Language Arts Test Unit 1.4, Friday 10/14
- Math Test, Wednesday 10/12
Dates and Reminders:
- Saturday, 10/8: St. Mary Parish Oktoberfest-Student Performance at 3:30PM
- Sunday, 10/9: St Mary Parish Oktoberfest
- Monday, 10/10: Jersey Mike’s Orders Due for Grandparent’s Day
- Monday 10/17: Grandparents Day-Dismissal at 12PM
- Friday 10/21: Half Day-Dismissal at 12PM