This week we will be taking our STAR Tests in Math and Language Arts. Please be sure your child is well-rested and has a healthy breakfast on Monday and Tuesday.
We will continue to take our fact tests this week. Students will begin taking addition fact tests Monday through Thursday each week. They must correctly complete 40 problems in 2 minutes. Throughout the year, students will work through addition facts +1 through +10, subtraction facts -1 through -10, multiplication 1-10, and finally, division. You can help your child increase their speed and accuracy by reviewing these facts at home.
Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: How the Church Began
- Math: Rounding and Comparing Using Money
- Reading: Understanding Characters, Analyzing, and Evaluating
- Language Arts: Simple and Compound Sentences; Conjunctions; Antonyms
- Spelling/Phonics: Long a and Long e Vowel Patterns
- Social Studies: Types of Communities and Review
- Science: How Plants Make Food
- Spelling #1.3 Test on Friday
- Journeys Reading/Language Arts Test #1.3 on Friday
- Religion Chapter 3 Test on Friday
- Social Studies Chapter 1 Test next Tuesday (9/27)
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 9/21: Mass at 8am
- Thursday, 9/22: Team Day/School Families
- Friday, 9/23: Picture Make-up Day
- Friday 9/30: Bake Sale
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.