All the children have chosen their saint for All Saints Day! They have over two weeks to finish their report. I will send home the large index card this week. This index card is where they will write the final report. This is what they memorize for the All Saints Day Pageant on November 1st.
I am looking for volunteers in and out of the classroom. I need a volunteer to do our monthly door poster. It can be seasonal, use pictures of the kids, religious themes, etc. If you are interested in helping with the door poster, please email me which month you would like to cover. Volunteers in the classroom are welcome as well. I would like to have a volunteer help with my small group rotations on Tuesdays from 1:00-1:45PM and **Thursdays from 10:45-11:30AM. Another volunteer opportunity is Friday mornings. I would like a volunteer to get the student’s Friday Folders ready to be sent home that day. Please let me know if you are available to help in any of these areas.
**Correction to the Thursday Volunteer Time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Jesus Christ Gives Us the Church
- Math: Chapter 1- Three and Four Addends, Subtraction Concepts and Using Addition to Check
- Reading: My Family
- Language Arts: Simple Sentences, Using a Glossary, and Writing Letters
- Spelling/Phonics: Short Vowels o, u and e
- Social Studies: Unit 1 Communities and Neighborhoods-Urban, Rural and Suburbs
- Science: Animals Grow and Change
- Spelling Test Unit 1.2 on Friday
- Language Arts Test Unit 1.2 on Friday
- Religion Test on Monday 9/19
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 9/22: Team Day (students may wear team shirt with jeans)
- Wednesday, 9/28: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday 9/30: Bake Sale
- Tuesday, 10/4: Blessing of the Animals at 3:30PM
- Wednesday, 10/5: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 10/5: Saint Report Due