I hope everyone has enjoyed the first two weeks of school! We have really started picking up the pace, and we are off to a great year!
This month, third and eighth grades are responsible for helping with our school Mass on Wednesdays. Each week, I will be choosing 2 third graders to present the gifts. I hope to see some of you there!
Finally, I wanted to send out a quick reminder that our class PE days are Tuesdays and Fridays. Please be sure your student wears their PE clothes and more importantly, PE appropriate shoes. Thank you!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Jesus’ life, death, and Resurrection
- Math: Place value and rounding
- Reading: Comparing and analyzing texts; drawing conclusions
- Language Arts: Statements, questions, commands, and exclamations
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel-consonant-e words, long vowel sounds
- Social Studies: Our communities and using map skills
- Science: How Plants Grow– seeds and seed plants
- Addition +1 fact test on Wednesday
- Spelling #1.2 Test on Friday
- Journeys Reading/Language Arts Test #1.2 on Friday
- Religion Chapter 2 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 9/14: Mass at 8AM (Wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 9/15: Picture Day
- Friday, 9/16: Early dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday, 9/22: Team Day/School Families
- Friday, 9/23: Picture Make-up Day
- Friday 9/30: Bake Sale
Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe.
1 Timothy 4:12