This week we will be having the Scholastic Book Fair in the hall. The children will have time to visit the book fair on Wednesday and Thursday. Please feel free to visit the book fair with your child. This is a great opportunity to purchase books for summer reading.
This week we will also be having the First Annual Art Show in the hall! We hope you are able to stop by to look at all the wonderful art.
We will be going as a class to visit the Book Fair and Art Show today. The children can fill out a wish list at the book fair so that you may see their selections before purchasing. The book fair will be open after school tomorrow if you would like to join your child to purchase the books, or feel free to send money with your child to purchase on their own.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: We Honor Mary and the Saints
- Math: Place Values, Expanded Form and Comparing Numbers
- Reading: Class Book: Dinosaurs Before Dark
- Language Arts: Review synonyms/antonyms and root words
- Spelling/Phonics: Review spelling words with oo, ou, igh, and oa
- Social Studies: Sharing Cultures and America’s Symbols
- Science: Observing and Measuring Matter
- Spelling #6.31 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 6/1: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 6/3: 12 PM Dismissal
- Tuesday, 6/7: Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, 6/8: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 6/9: Team Day (students may wear any spirit shirt and jeans)
- Monday, 6/13: Fly Up to 3rd Grade Day
- Wednesday, 6/15: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 6/17: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 6/17: Last Day of School
- Friday, 6/17: 10AM Dismissal