We have been having such a fun week in second grade!
I wanted to start off with a few reminders.
First, there is a Bake Sale tomorrow. Don’t forget to send your child to school with some money. Bake sale days are their favorite!
We have our First Annual Spring Musical this Friday at 7PM in the hall. Please make sure the students arrive no later than 6:45 PM. Your second grade should meet me in Room 1 (Kindergarten classroom). There, I will take attendance and get the children ready for their performance. As a reminder, Ms. Latham sent out an e-mail last week regarding attire. Second graders should come to school in blue jeans (no shorts, skirts, etc), any colored top (must cover shoulders), and tennis shoes (no flips or sandals). The children are so excited for this performance! They have been practicing for a couple months now, and they cannot wait to show off all their hard work. They will not disappoint! If you cannot make it for whatever reason, please let me know ASAP so that Ms. Latham can plan accordingly.
You may have noticed some changes to the homework this week. I introduced a reading log this week and have changed some of the spelling homework in an effort to make the transition to third seamless. If you have any questions regarding the homework, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God calls us to love and serve
- Math: time (elapsed time)
- Reading: understanding characters, point of view, summarizing the story
- Language Arts: possessive pronouns
- Spelling/Phonics: spell words with ai, ay, igh, and y
- Social Studies: customs and culture
- Science: states of matter
- Spelling #6.29 Test on Friday
- Journeys Reading/Language Arts Test #6.29 on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 5/18: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 5/18: Bake Sale
- Thursday, 5/19: Rosary at 9AM
- Thursday, 5/19: Team Day (students may wear any Spirit Shirt with blue jeans)
- Friday, 5/20: Spring Musical at 7 PM (be here by 6:45 in Room 1)
- Wednesday, 5/25: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 5/26: Rosary at 9AM
- Monday, 5/30: No School for Memorial Day