We celebrated the end of the Easter season yesterday with Pentecost. Thank you to those who took their children to Mass yesterday. It really helped strengthen our Pentecost discussion.
The children are so excited about our field trip to LEGOLAND. If you are chaperoning the field trip, please be sure to turn in $26 by this Wednesday if you haven’t already done so.
Our Spring Musical is just about here! It will be this Friday at 7 PM in the hall. Please make sure the students arrive no later than 6:45 PM. If your child cannot make it, please let me know ASAP.
Do you know anyone who may be interested in sending their child/children to St. Mary next year? Next week, Mrs. Gilbert will be leading tours for prospective families. If you know anyone, encourage them to call the school office and set up an appointment for a tour. We also have postcards advertising the Observation Week. If you will be around potential families (i.e. sporting events, music class, dance lessons, etc), let me know, and I will give you some postcards to hand out.
As a reminder, the children are taking their Journeys tests online each week. To see their results, please visit the following link: Journey’s Think Central . Your child knows his/her username and password. Your child can also access the Journey’s book by logging in to their account.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: the Kingdom of God, parables, and miracles
- Math: long multiplication
- Reading: sequence of events, formal and informal language, analyzing and evaluating texts
- Language Arts: possessive nouns and pronouns
- Spelling/Phonics: suffixes -ful, -ly, and -er
- Social Studies: economics (using money & making choices)
- Science: light
- Social Studies Chapter 9 Test on Thursday
- Interactive notebook is the study guide
- Religion Chapter 26 Test on Friday
- Spelling #5.23 Test on Friday
- Journeys Reading/Language Arts Test #5.23 on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 5/18: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 5/19: Rosary at 9AM
- Thursday, 5/19: Team Day (students may wear any Spirit Shirt with blue jeans)
- Friday, 5/20: Spring Musical at 7 PM
- Wednesday, 5/25: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 5/26: Rosary at 9AM
- Monday, 5/30: No School for Memorial Day
Then Jesus asked, “What is the kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? 19 It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden. It grew and became a tree, and the birds perched in its branches.”