Third quarter ended this past Thursday. Report cards will go home this Friday. Report card envelopes must be signed and returned on Monday, April 25th. The actual report card does not need to be returned.
On Friday, a letter from our room mom, Mrs. Prieto, and me went home. Please be sure to fill in the information and return ASAP. We need everyone’s help to make this reception successful. It is tradition for the third grade families to host this for our First Communicants.
As I have mentioned in earlier updates, we will be stepping up the workload and responsibilities for the final quarter in third grade to prepare your child for fourth grade. Late work will now be 50% off each day late instead of 25% off. It is crucial that the children learn the importance of turning their work in on time. I want the children to be ready for next year, and this is the best way to set them up for success in fourth grade.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: different religions
- Math: perimeter and area
- Reading: read and understand a play
- Language Arts: irregular verbs
- Spelling/Phonics: words with spoon and wood spellings
- Social Studies: local, state, and national governments review
- Science: physical and chemical changes of matter
- Science Chapter 2C Test on Thursday
- Religion Chapter 23 Test on Friday
- Spelling #4.19 Test on Friday
- Journeys Reading/Language Arts Test #4.19 on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 4/20: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 4/21: Team Day (students may wear any Spirit Shirt with blue jeans)
- Friday, 4/22: Report Cards go home
- Friday, 4/22: Earth Day
- Wednesday, 4/27: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 4/27: Bake Sale
- Saturday, 4/30: First Holy Communion and Reception (hosted by Third Grade)
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!