All 17 children in our class are reregistered for next year. That is so exciting! Thank you so much for registering!
This week I have been reminded of Father Gerry and something he used to always say while he was at our parish. “God is good all the time.” Then he would continue, “All the time…” and the kids would chime in, “God is good!” God is SO good! I am so happy that the meeting with Bishop McElroy went so well. We have something special here at St. Mary, which is something I feel as though I can say with some authority because I have worked at 5 Catholic schools during my career.
A See’s Candies fundraiser went home with your child last week. Please consider purchasing some candy. It saves you the hassle of having to make a trip to their store, and it raises money for our school! All orders and money are due by tomorrow morning, Tuesday, March 15th, at 9AM. Candy will be available for pickup the week before Easter Break.
Don’t forget about our Resurrection Eggs assignment! Each child must bring in an empty 1-dozen egg carton and 1 dozen plastic eggs (any color/s). If you have extra egg cartons, please bring in those as well. I will provide the rest of the materials for this project. Egg cartons and plastic eggs are due no later than this Friday, March 18th.
Both Hot Lunch and Pizza Order forms are due no later than Thursday, March 24th, for the month of April. Please honor this due date as it gets confusing when orders come in late. Thank you!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Lent
- Math: geometry (polygons, circles, triangles, & quadrilaterals)
- Reading: drawing conclusions, point of view, & visualizing while reading
- Language Arts: adjectives that compare
- Spelling/Phonics: words with /j/ and /s/
- Science: properties and states of matter
- Social Studies: local and state governments
- Science Chapter 1C Test on Thursday
- Science Chapter 1C Study Guide
- Spelling # 4.17 Test on Friday
- Reading/Language Arts Unit 4.17 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Sunday, 3/13: Daylight Savings Time Begins
- Wednesday, 3/16: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 3/16: 12PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 3/17: Stations of the Cross at 9AM
- Thursday, 3/17: Team Day (students may wear jeans with any Spirit Shirt)
- Sunday, 3/20: Palm Sunday
- Wednesday, 3/23: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 3/24: Washing of the Feet/ Living Stations at 9:15AM in Hall
- Thursday, 3/24: 12PM Dismissal– No PM Extension
- Friday, 3/25: Good Friday
- Saturday, 3/26: Holy Saturday
- Sunday, 3/27: Easter
- Friday, 3/25-Friday, 4/8: No School- Easter Break
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.