Thank you so much for all your contributions to our Gala Tablescape. It was amazing, and I cannot believe how generous everyone was! I would also like to thank Mrs. Prieto for arranging the display of the tablescape. As you can see from the photos, it looked beautiful. It was a big hit at the auction! A lot of people bid on it, and we helped to raise a lot of money for our school.
Thank you to those who attended the Gala! It was so much fun! If you missed it, you will have to join us next year!
Ms. Silady and I joined together for our teacher experience this year. What we auctioned off was a board game and pizza afternoon on Friday, May 6th, from 12:15-2:30. We have decided to open it up to all students in Grades 3-5 now that the auction is over. A form will go home this week with information, and you will have a chance to sign your child up. Click here to access the digital copy of the form. Forms are due by Friday.
Report cards went home on Friday. Please turn in the signed envelope by tomorrow, Tuesday, February 9th. The actual report card can stay home with you.
Ash Wednesday is this Wednesday! Please join us for Mass at 8:00 AM!
Registration for next school year is open! Sign up now to take advantage of the amazing price! Prices go up on March 1st, and that day will be here before you know it!
We will be going on our second field trip on February 23rd! Permission slips went home today. Parent drivers will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, so please be sure to get your forms in ASAP if you would like to join us.
We will be celebrating Valentine’s Day this Friday after lunch. Valentines are optional, but if your child decides to bring Valentines, he/she must bring one for every child. Children may choose to write the name of each of their classmates, or they may just sign their name. I ask that they are all the same, meaning that your child does not get something different for his/her best friend.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Lent
- Math: telling time
- Reading: compare and contrast, story message, and analyze/evaluate
- Language Arts: subject-verb agreement
- Spelling/Phonics: contractions
- Science: planets
- Social Studies: how and why people came to America
- Social Studies Quiz on Chapter 6 Lesson 1 on Wednesday (notebook is study guide)
- Reading/Language Arts Unit 3.13 Test on Friday
- Spelling # 3.13 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 2/10: Ash Wednesday Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 2/11: Stations of the Cross at 9AM
- Friday, 2/12: 3rd Grade SLE Presentation at 8:40 AM Assembly
- Friday, 2/12: Father Daughter Dance
- Monday, 2/15: No School for Presidents’ Day
- Wednesday, 2/17: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 2/18: Stations of the Cross at 9AM
- Friday, 2/19: 12PM Dismissal
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.