As a reminder there is no school on Monday, January 18th in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. The 4th & 5th grade class will be doing a special presentation on Tuesday morning at assembly to honor Martin Luther King Jr.
Ms. Latham will be teaching the children how to use a recorder this year. A hard copy of the letter and an e-mail went home a couple weeks ago. Please read, fill out the form, and return no later than this upcoming Friday, January 22nd.
The Gala is coming up! Yesterday, our room mom, Megan Prieto, sent out an e-mail regarding our Gala Tablescape. If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to read the e-mail. You can sign up for donations here: Third Grade Tablescape Donations
The 3rd grade, partnering with 2nd grade, will be hosting the Bake Sale this Wednesday, January 20th. We are still in need of donations and volunteers. Please consider helping out! Here are the sign-ups:
A timeline project went home yesterday. The project is due on Friday, January 22nd. For more information about the assignment, click here.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Unit 2 review and test
- Math: measurement and time
- Reading: sequence of events
- Language Arts: irregular plural nouns
- Spelling: spell words with oy and oi spellings like in joy
- Science: what Earth is like, how the Moon and Earth interact, & what causes Earth’s seasons
- Social Studies: Canada and how they got their independence
Our Open House is coming up. The children have been working hard to prepare our classroom for this event, and they will want to show off all their hard work. Please be sure to stop by! More information will be going home in the Friday envelope, so stay tuned!
- Multiplication Timed Tests every day, starting with 2s
- Social Studies Chapter 4 Test on Thursday
- Their interactive notebook is their study guide
- Religion Unit 2 Test on Friday
- Journeys Test on Unit 3.11 on Friday
- Spelling Unit 3.11 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 1/18: No School
- Wednesday, 1/20: Mass at 8Am (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 1/20: 2nd & 3rd Grade Bake Sale
- Thursday, 1/21: Team Day (team shirts with jeans are allowed)
- Sunday, 1/24: Open House from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, 1/26: Quarter 2 Ends
- Wednesday, 1/27: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. -Ephesians 4:32
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.