The children came back focused and ready to learn! They have grown in so many ways since August. I am extremely proud of them and cannot wait to see even more growth!
Ms. Latham will be teaching the children how to use a recorder this year. A hard copy of the letter and an e-mail went home last week. Please read, fill out the form, and return no later than Friday, January 22nd.
This week, we will be taking benchmark tests since we wrapped up Unit 2 for Reading/Language Arts last week. As a result, there will not be a Reading/Language Arts or Spelling Test this week. We will begin Unit 3, Lesson 11 this week, and we will finish it next week. This works out well since next week is only a 4-day school week.
We have a minimum day this Friday and no school on Monday, January 18th, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.
Please keep your eye out for an e-mail from Megan Prieto regarding our Gala Tablescape.
The 3rd grade, partnering with 2nd grade, will be hosting the Bake Sale this month. The Bake Sale will take place on Wednesday, January 20th. Here are the sign-ups:
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God calls us to holiness
- Math: multiplication 0-6 review
- Reading: sequence of events
- Language Arts: irregular plural nouns
- Spelling: spell words with oy and oi spellings like in joy
- Science: ecosystems
- Social Studies: North American explorers
- Math Chapter 4 Test on Multiplication on Wednesday
- Science Chapter 3A on Thursday
- Religion Chapter 12 Test on Friday
- Multiplication x2 Timed Math Facts Quiz on Tuesday, 1/19
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 1/13: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 1/15: 12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 1/18: No School
- Wednesday, 1/20: Mass at 8Am (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 1/20: 2nd & 3rd Grade Bake Sale
- Thursday, 1/21: Team Day (team shirts with jeans are allowed)
- Sunday, 1/24: Open House from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Tuesday, 1/26: Quarter 2 Ends
- Wednesday, 1/27: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
He has made everything beautiful in its time. -Ecclesiastes 3:11
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.