What we’ve been working on:
- Religion: Advent and Christmas
- Math: subtraction with regrouping
- Reading: cause and effect & analyze illustrations
- Language Arts: concrete and abstract nouns
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: forest ecosystems
I cannot believe we only have one week left of school before Christmas break!
Permission slips for the field trip were due today. If you did not turn it in, Monday is the ABSOLUTE latest day to turn in the permission slip. For a digital copy, click here. We are still looking for drivers, so if you are interested, please e-mail me.
We will be attending the field trip this Tuesday. Check the previous blog post for more information.
Kindergarten is hosting a wonderful service project this December. We are asking that your child go through his/her toys and select a toy that he/she is willing to part with. This toy should be wrapped. Please attach a note indicating the age (or age range) and gender for the toy. Presents must be in by Thursday, December 17th. Each student, who brings a toy, will walk it up during a special morning assembly that day. Please join us if you can make it. Click here to see the flyer for more information. We received two gifts today… thank you Nash and Sanchez families!
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to bring in your costume for approval by Ms. Latham no later than Monday. If you have any questions, please contact her directly at .
We will have our class Christmas party this Thursday. Please check sign-up genius if you would like to donate an item for our fun party. I also need to borrow the cartoon version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” on DVD. Be sure to sign up if you have it! To access our sign up, click here.
Also, please be sure to join us this Friday for our Christmas Pageant. It will start at 10AM. At the conclusion, you may take your child home after checking out with me if you would like. Dismissal is at 12PM on Friday, and there is no after-school extension on this day.
- Advent and Jesse Tree Test on Wednesday (notes are the study guide)
- Math Test on Chapter 3 on Thursday (subtraction with and without regrouping up to 4-digits). A study guide will go home on Monday.
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 12/15: Christmas Caroling Field Trip from 9AM-11AM(wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 12/16: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 12/16: 6th & 7th Grade Bake Sale
- Thursday, 12/17: Service Project Ceremony at 8:40AM Assembly (bring a wrapped, gently-used toy)
- Friday, 12/18: Christmas Pageant at 10AM
- Friday, 12/18: 12PM dismissal
- Monday, 12/21- Friday, 1/1: Christmas Break- No School
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” -Luke 2:8-12
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.