What we’ve been working on:
- Religion: Advent and Christmas
- Math: subtraction without regrouping
- Reading: drawing conclusions and literal and nonliteral meanings
- Language Arts: commas
- Social Studies: Native Americans
- Science: ecosystems
Last week, students made ornaments during School Families. The ornaments were made as a gift for senior citizens. Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grades will represent the entire school when we go to Las Villas Del Norte Assisted Living on Tuesday, December 15th. There, we will do some Christmas caroling, and we will give a group of senior citizens the ornaments that the school created. Hard copies of the permission slips for this field trip will go home today. For a digital copy, click here. We are looking for drivers, so if you are interested, please indicate so on the form and check in with Mrs. Lopez in the office to make sure your information (driver’s license, insurance information, live scan, etc.) are all current.
We have a visitor coming from the water district on Thursday to teach us about water as a resource.
Kindergarten is hosting a wonderful service project this December. We are asking that your child go through his/her toys and select a toy that he/she is willing to part with. This toy should be wrapped. Please attach a note indicating the age (or age range) and gender for the toy. Presents must be in by Thursday, December 17th. Each student, who brings a toy, will walk it up during a special morning assembly that day. Please join us if you can make it. Click here to see the flyer for more information.
- Social Studies Chapter 3 Test on Thursday (notebook is study guide)
- Reading/Language Arts Unit 2.9 Test on Friday
- Spelling Test # 2.9 on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 12/8: Mass at 8AM for Immaculate Conception (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 12/9: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 12/11: Our Lady of Guadalupe Prayer Service at 9AM
- Tuesday, 12/15: Christmas Caroling Field Trip from 9AM-11AM(wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 12/16: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 12/16: 6th & 7th Grade Bake Sale
- Thursday, 12/17: Service Project Ceremony at 8:40AM Assembly (bring a wrapped, gently-used toy)
- Friday, 12/18: Christmas Pageant at 10AM
- Friday, 12/18: 12PM dismissal
- Monday, 12/21- Friday, 1/1: Christmas Break- No School
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. -Isaiah 9:6
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.