What we’ve been working on:
- Religion: types of prayer
- Math: adding with regrouping
- Reading: sequence of events
- Language Arts: action verbs & verb tenses
- Social Studies: landforms, types of resources, how to read a map grid & Mexico City
- Science: ecosystems
As a reminder, we will be closed the week of Thanksgiving. In addition, the students also have this Friday, November 20th, off this year.
Our Yankee Candle Fundraiser is still going! Order forms are due on November 17th. Have you heard that we will receive 40% of all the sales? That is amazing! I urge you to consider looking through the catalog. Some of the items make excellent Christmas gifts. Another great feature is that people who live far away can still help us with our fundraiser. For instance, my mom placed an order online last night. Her order will ship directly to her house in San Francisco! If you would like to go the online route, just make sure your shoppers enter our school code: 990089988, and that you have created a seller ID for your child so that he/she gets credit for each purchase made. To get more information, go their website here: Yankee Candle Fundraising
Due to the short week, we will not be having a religion test this week. Instead, we will be reviewing the concepts we have learned thus far.
- Math Chapter 2 Test on Thursday –Math Ch. 2 Study Guide
- Apostles’ Creed Prayer Recitation Retest (if notified) on Thursday.
- Reading/Language Arts Unit 2.7 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test # 2.7 on Thursday
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 11/17: Yankee Candle Order Forms Due
- Wednesday, 11/18: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 11/19: Team Day (students may wear jeans with their school team shirt)
- Friday, 11/20- Friday, 11/27: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
“It is good to give thanks to the LORD and to sing praises to YOUR name, O Most High; To declare Your loving kindness in the morning and Your faithfulness by night.” Psalm 92: 1-2
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.