What we’ve been working on:
- Religion: role of the Holy Spirit, what the Apostles’ Creed means and why we pray it, Catholic social teaching, and human rights
- Math: adding with regrouping
- Reading: sequence of events
- Language Arts: action verbs
- Spelling: long and short vowels
- Social Studies: types of resources, how to read a map grid & Mexico City
Conferences are this week! They will take place on Wednesday- Friday. School will be dismissed at 12PM on conference days. Gradelink is and will remained locked until the end of conferences. If you would like to see when you signed up, you may look here: Third Grade Conference Sign Up
We will have a Veteran’s Day Assembly this Wednesday at 9AM in the hall. Please join us if you can!
As a reminder, we will be closed the week of Thanksgiving. In addition, the students also have Friday, November 20th off this year.
Last Friday, Yankee Candle Fundraising Order Forms went home. Have you heard that we will receive 40% of all the sales? That is amazing! I urge you to consider looking through the catalog. Some of the items make excellent Christmas gifts. Another great feature is that people who live far away can still help us with our fundraiser. For instance, my mom placed an order online last night. Her order will ship directly to her house in San Francisco! If you would like to go the online route, just make sure your shoppers enter our school code: 990089988, and that you have created a seller ID for your child so that he/she gets credit for each purchase made. To get more information, go their website here: Yankee Candle Fundraising
- Social Studies Chapter 2 Test on Thursday
- Their notebook is your child’s study guide. Please refer to my e-mail for more specific information regarding what to study.
- Religion Chapter 10 Test on Friday
- Apostles’ Creed Prayer Recitation Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 11/11: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Wednesday, 11/11: Veteran’s Day Assembly at 9AM
- Wednesday, 11/11-Friday, 11/13: 12PM dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Wednesday, 11/18: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 11/20- Friday, 11/27: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
“Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” -1 Thessalonians 5:18
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.